Microzone Ltd is a ISO 9001:2008 registered private sector company. It was established in 1998 and is based in Haywards Heath, West Sussex, UK. We are dedicated people with a strong scientific background and we want to make the business of selling reagents to scientists more straightforward.
Unlike many companies that sell molecular biology reagents we manufacture our own products. They are designed to save you time, effort and money so you can focus on the most important part of your work – the results.
Dr Herdis Steingrimsdottir
- Hedda left her native Iceland for the UK in 1975 to study Food Science. After graduating she found it hard to get work in that field and eventually accepted a part time “washing up” job at the MRC Cell Mutation Unit in Sussex. This turned out to be a wise decision which opened the door to her future career in Molecular Biology. Since then Hedda has never been without a PCR machine and even purchased one on her credit card in 1998 when she started the company.
- Fact Hedda knits traditional Icelandic jumpers in her spare time.
- Dave’s role is to make sure the nuts and bolts of Microzone are kept in order. Dave makes sure the business runs efficiently and profitably, which means we can keep on making and supplying our unique products to our customers.
- Fact Dave swims in the sea off Brighton every month of the year.
Product and Quality Manager
- Julia ensures all our goods maintain Hedda’s exacting standards. She is also the most consistent person with a pipette we’ve ever seen – just make sure you don’t interrupt her when she’s working.
- Fact Julia used to breed and successfully show pedigree Texel sheep.
- Matt helps to keep Microzone products stocked up and ready to go.
- Fact Matt is a comic book enthusiast, aspiring to become Spiderman.
- Rob helps to keep Microzone products stocked up and ready to go.
- Fact Rob is a wizard with sound. He can even make zombies sound good.